- May, 2017
- 0 Comments
Some things are just meant to go together – like strawberries and cream, like Wimbledon & tennis, ……..like Espadrilles & hot feet! It’s hard to beat the UK in sunny weather and in my opinion when the weather turns hot it’s time to dig out your Espadrilles.
These seasonal favourites have been around for a very long time (like 4000 years!) and were originally made using esparto, a tough wiry Mediterranean grass, used in rope making. These days most Espadrilles are made with a jute rope sole and the traditional canvas upper is often sidelined for all kinds of diverse upper materials.
Lauren Bacall is credited with bringing the Espadrille to the mass market when she donned a pair of ankle laced espadrilles in the 1948 movie Key Largo. This season the trend for Espadrilles is going strong and there is a feast of different styles and designs to choose from. Here are a few of my favourites:
TIPS FOR HOT FEET THIS SUMMER:
- Keep your toenails short and clean and remove any hard skin with a foot file.
- Go naked on your toenails – a break from varnishes allows the nail to breath
- Wash your feet morning & evening in soapy water (use antibacterial wash to eliminate foot odour)
- Moisturise with something soothing like Elemental Herbology Watermelon & Cucumber Body Moisturiser 240ml £22
- Apply suncream to your feet (yes scorched pinkies are no fun)
- Spray with deodorant or dust with talc to keep feet fresh longer
- Never wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row – give them at least 24 hours to recover